Getting to Know Cold Brew Coffee
Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. The sheer variety of styles makes for a generation of cosmopolitan coffee lovers. The popularity of Cold Brew Coffee is, unlike regular coffee, its easy drinking and fuller, richer body due to the brewing method that enhances a sweet but less acidic taste. So, you can enjoy your black coffee with a smooth and mellow taste that is perfect as a beginner-friendly coffee.
What is Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold brew coffee utilizes a meticulous production process meaning a longer brewing time. So, let’s get familiar with this type of refreshing coffee by reviewing the brewing methods.
1. Select light to medium roast coffee beans and coarsely grind until the beans resemble sesame seeds. You can adjust the coffee-to-water ratio dependent on the strength of coffee you would like, for example 1:5 or 1:10 grams.
2. Immerse coarse-ground coffee into cool water or room-temperature water (Immersion method).
3. Steep for 8-24 hours.
4. Pour into a glass and chill your cold brew. Taste the full-bodied flavors of the coffee beans.
Compare the sweet, smooth and mellow taste to that of regular coffee, which is brewed in hot water. The Cold Brew method reduces the acidity and bitterness of the coffee whilst retaining the original flavor, ensuring the perfect beginner-friendly coffee.
Enjoy the Convenience and Ease of Cold Brew Coffee at Home with Capsule Coffee.
It may seem that the process of making cold brew coffee is a complicated one. However, with innovation from Nescafe, the Dolce Gusto Cold Brew capsules let you create your own Cold Brew in the New Orleans-style with a smoothness you've never tasted before. Refined aromas permeated with delicate Brazilian Arabica coffee flavors, subtly rounded with caramel notes of roasted chicory, give you a classic coffee taste without the caffeine.
Roasted chicory root is similar in taste to coffee and is used as an alternative to coffee beans, popularly known as the ‘New Orleans style’. Due to the short supply of beans in an earlier century, New Orleanians developed a taste for chicory as a replacement, and the flavor grew in popularity.
Enjoy Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cold Brew containing 21% Chicory, not only special in flavor and aroma but a healthy alternative. Experience cold brew for the latest and tastiest coffee flavor.
Benefits of Cold Brew Coffee.
1. Can be stored for up to 2 weeks. without a reduction in taste. Keep your cold brew coffee refrigerated in a glass container to retain the full, original flavor for a refreshing cup of cold coffee whenever you need it.
2. As an alternative drink for Gastritis. The Cold Brew Coffee method of immersing coffee in cold water, results in less acidity than the styles that use hot water, meaning it is suitable for helping in controlling gastritis, a congenital disease. Cold Brew Coffee can reduce acid reflux and the symptoms of diarrhoea to improve your discomfort. Therefore, this is a healthy alternative to traditional coffee.
3. Keeping your body healthy and in good shape. Cold brew coffee is a good choice for those keeping to a strict diet, and who enjoy the added benefit of regular exercise. With a soft, mellow taste that’s not too bitter or acidic you can enjoy this coffee cup without the need for a top-up. To maintain good health, drink Cold Brew Coffee as an alternative to the much stronger black coffee.
What is Nitro Cold Brew Coffee?
For the past few years, Nitro Coffee has been the talk of the town. It has redefined the definition of coffee, previously limited to traditional brews and tastes. Nitro coffee is part of a new wave of coffee tastes now becoming extremely popular among coffee connoisseurs and craft beer lovers.
With its superior taste, and similarity to Cold Brew, Nitro Cold Brew is an innovative new recipe, which bears comparison in looks to craft beer. Cold Brew is unique in that nitrogen is infused into the coffee flavor creating a soft, dark, foamy coffee with a smooth, mellow texture with all the benefits of a craft beer without the alcohol. Try it once and you’ll be back for more.
How to Choose Between Cold Brew and Nitro Cold Brew.
Both Cold Brew and Nitro Cold Brew are specialty coffee recipes available in almost every cafe in the world today. Sharing the same brewing process and similar tastes, the choice for coffee drinkers is down to individual preferences. For a smooth and creamy texture, Nitro Cold Brew would be the preferred choice. For those who enjoy a slightly sweeter, milder and mellower taste, the choice would be Cold Brew. No matter your preference, Nitro Brew coffee and Cold Brew coffee are the perfect way to refresh and re-energize on a hot day.
After discovering the new taste of Cold Brew specialty coffee, find your favorite cup that’s perfect as a beginner-friendly choice for non-coffee drinkers. Let these delicious new coffee flavors inspire a sense of discovery, of falling in love with coffee all over again.